Monday, December 1, 2008

December 1st

5 Nice Things I Noticed About Today:

1. A quote from my prof I scrawled across the top of my sociology lecture notes: "One of the horrors ahead of you as you grow older you may find that you have to go to cocktail parties. They're awful." so be warned :)
2. Mummy found a letter Bird wrote to our grandparents when she was little. Translated from the German, it says "Dear Oma and Opa, I love you very much. I will tell you a story about my tooth. He fell out! How are you? Did you get any easter bunnies? Love Bird."
3. I have discovered a new way of dipping chocolates so they come out with smoother rounder tops which makes them look even yummier.
4. There was classical music playing in the subway, which makes my day feel more romantic.
5. The last question on my sociology exam read something like: "Durkheim predicted that a decrease of social solidarity in modern societies would lead to an increase in:
a) egotistic suicide
b) altruistic suicide
c) fatalistic suicide
d) anomic suicide
e) emo kids in the 'hood"
How tempting it was to select option "e"...


No comments: