Rafiki said, "I'm O.G... Some say Original Gangster; I say Original Gentleman."
So much more sexy and appealing.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
1. I saw an otter on the rocks down at the beach. He was fishing and caught two fish as I watched. Every time he got out of the water he would give his body a cute little shake. He also had a happy bounding run.
2. There was a person on the bus who looked like a combination of Audrey Hepburn and Ferris Bueller. Skinny and tall with a long graceful neck, and a Ferris Bueller haircut in white blond hair. They were STUNNING.
3. Please walk on the grass. yay!
4. At the island there were peacocks on the fence posts, and roosting in the trees.
5. There were kids hand drawn posters round about my neighbourhood for an upcoming performance of Swan Lake. It is ALL about the swans.
6. I enjoy the bizzare sight of this doll sitting in the window of a job site... and the fact that the doll has its own portable mug of coffee.
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Saturday, August 6, 2011
I went for a bike ride, and I saw a bunny! It looked at me with its big round eyes and then hopped off into the bushes. A flight of swallows rested on the path, darting and zooming a foot above the road when they had a sudden burst of energy. I rode about without holding onto the handle bars, arms outstretched, the wind swishing past me. Sometimes when I felt silly I'd hold on to the handles and dipsy doodle the front tire so I'd go in lovely swoops back and forth across the road. I looked up and a murmuration of starlings turned the sky dark above me as they flew in a cloud overhead. Then the rain started to fall. It felt as if the skies would open and pour down at any minute, but it stayed light and warm, speckling my skin. I really like the smell of rain on hot asphalt.
Friday, August 5, 2011
Every once in a while I get the urge to check out what the spam filters have been guarding me from. Great Odin's Raven! It turns out they've been shielding me from awesomeness. And as we all know, there is no price for awesomeness. ...or attractiveness. Here are some of my favourite spam comments (not that I'd even know how to pronounce dkoney):
Great hammer of Thor, that is powerfully helpful!Dag nabbit good stuff you whippersnappers!You put the lime in the coconut and drink the article up.Pin my tail and call me a dkoney, that really helped.Well mcaadaima nuts, how about that.
Kryptonite and I went for a bicycle ride, and as we passed over a bridge we saw fish two feet long swimming in the lake. With the assistance of Daddy's vast array of knowledge and the internet, my guess is that they were carp. It was exciting and exhilarating to see such a flashy display of life in our lake.