Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mysterious and Magical

I was restless and went for a walk this evening. The sky was grey and the light was magical - soft evening light that turned all the shadows pink. I wondered at the beauties and mysteries before me. The pond like puddle with its mirror image of the world, the shadowy pine trees that smelled like Germany... I wandered through my old school yard and swung on the monkey bars and bounced over a row of hopscotch, admired a very happy new mural with a streetcar in it that leaned at a perilous forty-five degree angle over its painted street. I walked down to the beach and climbed on a swing and pointed my toes at the stars, and through the branches of a tree I could see the moon, a sliver hushed around the edges by the haze in the sky.

No comments: