Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Nice Things of Today and Yesterday

1. Kryptonite was asked to find things for this months newsletter, and since it was february he chose things all about the heart. My favorite is this quote from Kill Bill:
"The Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique was a legendary technique developed by the head priest of the White Lotus Clan, Pai Mei. He hits you with his fingertips at five different pressure points on your body. And then he lets you walk away. But after you've taken five steps, your heart explodes inside your body, and you fall to the floor, dead.

It is said to be quite simply, the deadliest blow in all of martial arts."
...and Pai Mei has just about the greatest hair.


2. Jaja says she sometimes wakes up to find she was singing in her sleep. Best version of sleep walking/talking ever :)

3. There was a squat snowman on a neighbour's lawn, fir arms upraised as if imploring the heavens.

4. I got a birthday postcard from Summi, with this quote on it "Being born was great for me, though I can't recall the chore. But every year I pleased to see, that it's me they all adore! My Mum and Dad stay close to me, they claim to know me well. They're proud to know a celebrity, And me, I know they're swell. They celebrate, they laugh and sing, and gifts on me they shower. I must have done a wondrous thing, my birthday cries, baby power!"

5. I'm liking my birthday advent. Today was especially beautifully decorated with soft green japanese printed paper.

6. It looked like a winter wonderland this morning, and yesterday had spring-like sunshine, with melting snow and birds chirping.

No comments: