Saturday, August 1, 2009

Philosophy and Pheet

I was reading my book this morning and it made me giggle.

"That night, when Connie does her reading, she announces that it will be John 13:1 to John 13:12. That's the bit where Jesus, at His Last Supper, gets up, takes off His robe, throws it over a chair, wraps a towel around His waist, and gets down and washes His disciples' feet, which I had always thought was pretty humble and downright nice of Him. I thought that, I did, but then there was always the naggin' suspicion in my head that maybe some of the disciples' feet might have been sendin' something heavenward that wasn't quite so sweet-smellin' and maybe Jesus thought He'd have to put an end to it if He was to enjoy His last dinner on this earth. And we all like to enjoy our dinners, don't we."
~In the Belly of the Bloodhound, L. A. Meyer

ah religion, it's never simple, is it? :)
I'm quite enjoying this series. Pirates, disguises, kidnappings, and adventures on the high seas. Woot!

No comments: