Thursday, April 30, 2009

Good morning accomplishments

1. This is our 100th post! Let's have a party! with mini cakes (with spelt flour and lots of fruit) and balloons and extremely silly hats :)

2. Nanermellon is back in town and Fluffy and Summi will soon be here!

3. Dad brought came back from the grocery store, held out a bag and said, "I brought you a present." I reached in and lifted out a geranium by one of its fuzzy leaves. Soft as the down on a baby's head. There was another one nestled inside the bag.

4. We had strawberries and yogurt for breakfast. My first breakfast; Dad's second. Which inspires me to quote Lord of the Rings.
"Well, what about breakfast?"
"We've had it."
"yeah, one."
"I don't think he knows about second breakfast."
"Well what about tea! and high tea! and elevensies! Do you think he knows about those?"
"I wouldn't count on it if I were you."

5. I read this great passage in Know-it-All by A. J. Jacobs, which is actually a quotation from the Encyclopedia Britanica talking about Samuel Johnson's depression: "The light from heaven shone on him indeed, but not in a direct line, or with its own pure splendor. The rays had to struggle through a disturbing medium; they reached him refracted, dulled and discoloured by the thick gloom which had settled on his soul, and, though they might be sufficiently clear to guide him, were too dim to cheer him." ~Lord Macaulay, and as A.J. Jacob's said, the man could write.

No comments: